Today we heard from Andy Kuchta who is the Director of Clermont County Economic Development.
Here's what he shared...
The office of economic development helps businesses with:
- Site Selection
- Business incentives
People ask why economic development matters:
- 57.6% of county residents work in a different county compared to 16.2% of Hamilton, 40.3% of Butler
- We need to increase areas such as manufacturing
- We want people outside our county to buy our stuff
- The top wage in our county is $29.54 per hour while there are many $10 and less per hour jobs
- Residential development does not “pay its own way”
What's being done to change our economic destiny?
- Developments such as Ivy Pointe, Jungle Jim's and the UC East/Ford Plant Redevelopment
- Much land is being marketed and targeted for development
Next week we will have Peter Weiglin share with us about our Rotary District 6670