Today we heard from Tom Sutton who is the Owner-Operator at the Eastgate Chick-fil-a. Tom believes that everybody has a story, if we bother to hear it. He trains his staff to read the body language and mood of customers. Their goal is to help improve their mood before they leave. He shared his business and personal model called “Great Leaders S.E.R.V.E” which stands for...
- See and shape the future
- We must have a vision for what we want our future to be
- Engage and develop other people
- This is about character development. Not just the “tip of the iceberg” but also “what’s underneath.” Charisma is not character.
- They do an appraisal filter to determine if an employee doesn’t know how to do a job (they can be trained), can’t do a job (they help them overcome the obstacle) or won’t do a job (they need to move on)
- Reinvent continuously
- This is about reinventing our systems, structures and selves in order to be around years from now
- Ben Franklin “Time is the passing of life”
- Value results and relationships
- We need to care about both. If you take care of people, people will take care of you.
- Embody the values
Next week we will celebrate our students of the month.