Today we heard from Terri Lessnau of the Clermont County Boys and Girls Club which was established in 1996. They serve kids from ages 6 through 18 in New Richmond, Amelia and Glen Este. Terri shared how they have made numerous changes and partnerships to improve and stabilize their overall operation in the county. One major merger was to join together the Clermont County Club with the larger Greater Cincinnati Boys and Girls Clubs Organization. They have added a certified teacher and incorporated hot meals where they sit down together and learn manners.
The club operates on a Three Pillar Program:
- Graduate - working with the schools to help complete homework.
- Fit for life - requiring 45 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Ready to serve - working with local non-profits to help kids learn they can serve others.
Some of their other programs include:
- First tee-A national program that teaches kids the game of golf.
- Smart girls - Helping girls from ages 10-13 and 14-16 to make good decisions.
- Passport to manhood - Helping boys from ages 10-13 and 14-16 to make good decisions.
A celebration will be held on Thursday, April 7 2016 at Receptions in Eastgate. Contact Terri at email@example.com or 513-888-0977.