Rick shared some neat facts about our county:
- Olive Branch, Withamsville and Bethel are all 200 years old.
- Moscow is having its bicentennial this year.
- Methodism in the Northwest Territory started at a church in Milford
- 7th oldest county in Ohio
- Battle of Grassy Run was fought in Monterey. This was the 2nd largest Indian battle.
- U.S. Grant (Civil War Commander in Chief) was born April 1832 in Clermont County. The next Commander in Chief was born in Laurel.
- Tobasco was named after U.S. Grant was speaking near Mt. Moriah church. He took off his coat and told his wife, “This coat is as hot as Tobasco sauce.”
- Charles Lindbergh landed a plan in Clermont County, and this was the first time a plane was seen in this area.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Booty Collins, is from Clermont County.